The purpose of this privacy statement is to assist you in understanding how we use personal information collected via this website.
You do not have to provide any personal information in order to browse this website.
When you use our website, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the name of your internet service provider and pages visited on the site.
We obtain this information by using technologies, including cookies, to increase the functionality and user-friendliness of our website and to better tailor our website to your needs. For example, we may want to know how long the average visitor spends on our website or which pages get the most attention. Information such as this will only be used in aggregate form and does not identify you personally.
We collect information on our website visitors for a variety of purposes, including to reply to your enquiries more efficiently through the services we provide. We also use information in aggregate form (your individual details cannot be identified) to audit usage of the site.
If you contact ICCAN we will only use your personal data for the purposes of handling and responding to your enquiry and it will not be passed on to anyone else for any other purpose.
This policy sets out what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
Who we collect data on
The personal information we collect relates to:
- members of the public who contact ICCAN;
- those writing on behalf of business or organisations;
- individuals which have submitted requests for information under the Freedom of Information Act (the FOI Act).
What information do we collect
We only process information that is submitted to us when you contact us via email or telephone, such as:
- email address
- telephone number
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
Processing personal data is necessary to:
- perform a task in the public interest;
- contact those who have legitimate interest, such as members of the press;
- carry out our legal obligations, such as responding to Freedom of Information requests.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the right to:
- request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data;
- request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay;
- in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) request that the processing of your personal data is restricted;
- object to the processing of your personal data where it is processed for direct marketing purposes (although ICCAN does not normally undertake direct marketing campaigns).
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about the personal information we hold on you, or you wish to file a complaint. Please contact:
Information that you supply in connection with the provision of a product or service, or a job application will be treated in confidence and in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act.
If you sign up to receive email updates from us, we will use the information you give us to provide the service(s) you have requested only. If you inform us that you wish to cancel your details will be deleted from our records.
We do not sell or pass on your personal information to others outside the Independent Commission on Civil Aviation Noise.