Working for ICCAN
From time to time ICCAN has vacancies that are open to Civil Servants and external applicants. Current vacancies are listed below.
Apply by 11:55pm, Sunday 4 July 2021
Are you an experienced analyst with a drive to influence policy, industry and decision making? Do you have a passion for assessing and challenging existing evidence?
We are a small organisation looking for a Senior Analyst to lead a variety of different analytical projects which may cover issues such as the noise implications of future aviation technologies, trade-offs between noise and other environmental factors, and using operational changes to improve noise management.
This will involve working as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide a robust evidence base. You will also liaise with a range of experts, industry stakeholders, academics, and communities to gather evidence relating to aviation noise and build trust with individuals on all sides of the debate.
- Coordinate a team that delivers and assures robust and balanced analysis which can be applied to influence industry behaviour, inform policy and underpin political decisions
- Lead a range of analytical and research projects
- Critically assess the existing aviation noise evidence base and develop a detailed understanding of the gaps, identifying strategies to fill these
- Lead the procurement of external research commissions and manage these contracts throughout their lifecycle
- Work with the Communications team to interpret and communicate complex issues clearly to ICCAN’s audiences
- Use evidence to develop best practice for future noise policy which is fit for purpose, credible and effective at a national and local level
- Provide supportive and developmental line management to analysts
- This role is being offered on a part-time basis, although a full-time position will be considered for the right candidate.
- ICCAN is committed to being an inclusive employer and we welcome applicants from different backgrounds including underrepresented groups such as people with a disability or additional needs, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and applicants with gender-diverse identities or from the LGBT+ community.
Salary: £48,774 per annum (plus benefits, Civil Service Pension Scheme, 25 days annual leave, flexible working hours)
Key dates: Interviews due to be held the week commencing 26 July 2021
In line with current government guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews for this vacancy are likely to be held online. Further details will be provided to candidates who are invited to interview, and as far as is possible, arrangements will be made for those without access to suitable technology.
How to apply: Download the full job description and apply via the Civil Service Jobs website.
For more information, or if you wish to discuss this role further, please contact: email@example.com
The Independent Commission on Civil Aviation Noise (ICCAN) was established in January 2019 as an Advisory Non-Departmental Public Body, to act as a credible, authoritative voice on aviation noise. ICCAN’s aim is improve public trust and confidence in how aviation noise is managed in the UK. It is uniquely placed to bring industry, communities, regulators together to develop best practice and make recommendations to government.
Subscribe to our newsletter
To stay updated on all our latest news and more, please enter your email address below